Painter is a construction profession whose specialists paint buildings, residential and industrial buildings, and other structures. This procedure has not only decorative value but is also necessary to protect materials from external environmental influences.
In their labor activity, these workers use various equipment and tools: brushes, rollers, spray guns. Their choice depends on the surface to be painted. It is also necessary to be able to choose the right paint, given its performance characteristics.
Often, the tasks of the painter-plasterer are performed at height. Therefore, specialists must know the safety rules perfectly.
How to become a painter of the highest category? To do this, you must have knowledge and skills in:
- painting surfaces covered with putty, primer;
- preparation for varnishing;
- leveling surfaces with putties;
- elimination of defects;
- drawing letters and numbers using stencils;
- cleaning from corrosion;
- preparation of dyes, primers, putties.
The employer usually gives preference to job seekers of the highest category. To improve their qualifications, specialists must regularly undergo training.
Who Is This Program For?
Anyone over 18 years of age is invited to study for a painter with advanced training, provided that they have at least secondary vocational education and the absence of medical contraindications.
The courses can be useful for the following groups:
- working in their specialty, if the existing certificate has lost its relevance;
- applicants wishing to get a job at an enterprise in the relevant specialty or as a master;
- employees preparing for certification;
- specialists to increase the discharge of the painter.
Duration And Form Of Study
How much to study as a painter – depends on the initial level of the group. The length of the course may vary depending on the needs of the trainees. See recommendations from these Roseville CA painters.
Traditionally, classes are held in person for groups of ten or more. Some of the lecture material can be given out through webinars. Such distance learning, in some cases, allows you to combine work and training.
The schedule is compiled for each stream individually. About him, as well as the duration of individual lessons, it becomes known before the start of training.
Refresher Course Completion Document
After completing the theoretical and practical part of the program, students take a qualifying exam. Those who successfully pass the test receive a certificate. This document makes it possible to:
- get a job in your specialty;
- continue to work in your place by the standards;
- increase the discharge;
- successfully pass the next certification events.